- ComfortTac Brand Team
As women grow more and more aware of daily safety issues, many are getting into the world of guns for self-defense. In this wake, manufacturers are coming up with new and innovative concealed carry holsters that cater directly to women. There are several types of concealed carry holsters for women that offer the security and function they need while still being comfortable and not interfering with their wardrobe and fashion. And today, we're going to focus on the belly band holster for women, which sets itself apart from other models by providing a practical, discreet, and comfortable way to keep your pistol with you when in public. It's also the most versatile and flexible holster available for concealed carry.
What is a Belly Band Holster?
As the name suggests, it's a type of holster that has a band or strap to tie around your midsection to hold your firearm. These holsters are made of highly flexible material and designed to fit snugly against the body. Their main objective is to conceal a firearm under regular clothing while making it easy to get it out in case of emergencies. Secondly, because they are made of stretchy material, they can hold firearms of many shapes and sizes and be worn in a variety of positions. In addition to holding the firearm, some belly band holsters offer additional provisions for ammunition so you can easily reload your gun if necessary. They are so comfortable that even pregnant women can use them!
That being said, not all belly band holsters are created equally. For instance, belly band holsters for men don't address the unique set of challenges women face when it comes to concealed carry. The men's options are typically large and bulky, while most women's clothes are tighter fitting. Also, women's clothing is diverse; you don't always want to wear jeans and a belt. This is where a belly band holster for women comes in handy, as it safely retains their firearm while accommodating their complex needs, like working great with many clothing options.
Belly Band Holster for Women - How to Choose?
The largest growing demographic in the gun industry is women, and companies are taking notice. As you shop, you'll discover several different types of belly bands for women. This can make the selection process a bit intimidating for long-term experts and concealed carry novices alike. Here are a few important things you need to look for to find the best belly band holster for women:
- Belly band holsters generally have stretchy material but also come in different sizes to suit different body sizes. Ideally, you want one that will fit snugly without making you feel suffocated. The holster should also be able to accommodate the size of the firearm, ensuring it doesn't wobble or shift position while being concealed.
- Belly band holster females can be relatively limited in the type and model of firearm they can carry. Even though most come with a wide range of compatible weapons, including compact and subcompact pistols, revolvers, and full-frame handguns, it's still important to double-check the manufacturer's list of models that go with their product and compare them to your gun's specifications. In short, you need to consider your usage and ensure you're getting the most out of the gun holster.
- In addition to holding your firearm, the best concealed carry belly band holster for women should be able to provide extra storage. Some models are stretched enough to hold multiple weapons, while others come with an extra pocket or two for carrying additional ammunition, storing your phone, etc. Typically, the more space you can get from a holster, the better value it provides. Even so, keep in mind that holding too much stuff can make the belly band holster somewhat uncomfortable. Plus, all those pockets could be visible under your shirt, which does a poor job of concealing the weapon.
- Weapon retention capacity is an important aspect of every gun holster as it ensures the gun is difficult to remove without affecting your draw. The best belly band holster for women will have a retention device to keep the gun safe and in place so it doesn't fall out when doing demanding physical activities like running. It also keeps your weapon from being snatched. While you want maximum retention capacity, it should not be at the expense of your draw speed.
- Belly bands for women come in various materials, with the most popular ones being plastic and leather. Each material has its own pros and cons. For instance, plastic belly band holsters tend to be cheaper than those made with other materials and have a better grip on the gun; however, they can warp when they get too hot. On the other hand, leather is more breathable and stretchier than plastic but is not waterproof and can create uncomfortable chafing. So, think of your priorities and go for comfort and durability.
- The best concealed carry belly band holster for women is a considerable investment, and the last thing you want is to revisit this purchase in a matter of weeks or even months. Get one from a well-known brand. You can also read online reviews and FAQs to get an insight into some of the best models and designs. Most manufacturers now provide a lifetime warranty for their products, which should instill confidence regarding the durability of that particular holster.
How to Measure Belly Band Holsters
Belly band holsters are usually worn around the waist, connecting both ends with velcro or metal clips. Most women choose to wear their belly band holster lower, so the firearm sits on their hips. The good news is the elastic nature of these holsters allows users to adjust their position to suit personal preferences. You can even wear it in a higher position right under your ribcage. Ensure you measure where you'll be wearing the belly band; the size that fits your waist may not fit your hips, especially if you have curves. Ensure the size is comfortable enough to wear directly against your skin.
Best Belly Band Holster for Women
One of the best concealed carry belly band holsters for women is the ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band Holster. Not to toot our own horn, but several online reviews agree that it's an excellent choice for women looking to conceal carry.
This holster is durable, flexible, and made from breathable neoprene material that won't pinch or pull when worn against the skin. It is available in two sizes: large and X-large to fit waist sizes up to 44 and 54 inches, respectively. It is suitable for various handguns, ranging from compact pistols to conventional revolvers, and strong enough to support even the heavy full-sized handguns. It allows for all kinds of concealed carry positions. The retention strap effectively keeps your firearm locked in place without affecting your right- or left-hand draw.
The Key Takeaway
The women's concealed carry belly band is a great choice for women who want more options. Whether it be extra storage space, ability to fit multiple firearms, increased comfort, adjustability, etc., these holsters do more than simply conceal your weapon when out in public. It's crucial to get the best belly band holster for you to get an effective output. This is where Comfort Tac comes in to help you find the right holster for your firearm.